How would you define the concept/brand identity of this product line?
We give you the best skin care products and teach you how to use them. Institut DERMed products are formulated and packaged to address all skin types as well as specific skin conditions. The correct identification of skin color, skin type and condition is key to successful cosmeceutical product selection and treatment. Most individuals have a combination of skin types plus one or more conditions. Each category is color coded, creating personalized product and treatments based on the individual needs and allowing for synergistic treatments of multiple skin conditions that give visible results.
What is the scope of the product line?
Institut DERMed offers a full line of professional treatment protocols and high performance home care products specifically formulated to:
- rejuvenate cell renewal and help to maintain the moisture balance necessary for radiant skin
- be non-comedogenic and non-irritating for sensitive skin types
- reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone for a vibrant glowing skin
- reduce the appearance of oil to help clarify pores
What key active ingredients or proprietary elements does your line feature?
- Aging: retinol, spintraps, C-beta glucosamine, epidermal growth factor, pregnenolone, glycosaminoglycan, glycolic acid polymer, co-q10 enzume, L-glutathione, L-ascorbic acid.
- Sensitive: hydrocortisone, L-lactic acid, licorice root extract, evening primrose oil, algae extract, titanium dioxide, D-beta glucosamine, bisabolol, papaya enzyme, green tea extract, L-glutathione, spin trap.
- Brightening: salicylic acid, L-lactic acid, glycolic acid polymer, D-beta-glucosamine, cranberry extract, gallic acid, L-glutathione, L-superoxide, parsol,vitamin-K, L-ascorbic acid, hydroquinone, kojic acid, arbuten, bromelain enzyme.
- Oily: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, pumpkin enzyem, niacinamide, D-beta-glucosamine, L-asxorbic acid, L-glutathione, spin traps, allantoin, epidermal growth factor, tea tree oil, titanium dioxide, eucalyptus essential oil, grapefruit essential oil, calendula oil, chamomile extract, sulfur, camphor.
What are the USP’s (unique selling propositions) of the line and how does this line differ to all the others on the market?
- 5 complete lines formulated with clinical active ingredients
- Chirally corrected ingredients to enhance product performance
- Advanced clinical training for licensed estheticians to advance professional skills and confidence
- Solutions for specific skin conditions and skin types
- Advanced home care treatment plans for maintaining healthy looking skin
- Safe effective professional treatment protocols
- Institut DERMed can also assist with brand development and marketing materials
Is there a particular product or aspect of the line that you are well known for? (Including any proprietary ingredients, activities, methods, or science.)
- Highly concentrated formulations with active ingredients
- Institut DERMed College of Advanced Aesthetics founder, Lyn Ross
- Providing serious skin care treatments and products to enhance client results
What scope of treatments do you offer within the line?
Institut DERMed offers advanced Cosmeceutical formulations. Within the line are 5 complete lines developed to effectively treat and address all skin types and skin conditions and reduce the appearance of aging, uneven skin tone, oily and sensitive skin. We also have protocols that combine clinical skincare with many of the latest technology devices as well as protocols for pre and post operative surgical patients, oncology esthetics and holistic esthetics.
Do you produce both retail and professional size products?
Yes, we are known to have the most extensive clinical treatment back bar in the industry offering a wide range of treatment options for your most challenging cases. Our home care products compliment the professional treatments allowing clients to maintain their results.
What is the average shelf life of the products opened, unopened?
Institut DERMed products are formulated with food grade preservatives and we recommend the average shelf life to be twelve months depending on the composition of the formula. Most of the products are contained in airless bottles which extends the life of the product.
What is your fastest selling product or group of products within the line?
Institut DERMed has been successful with each category of it’s products but the products we hear the most compliments from our clients about are the Brightening and Renewing products. We also get rave reviews about our Oily and Sensitive products almost daily!
Do your products use organic, free trade or raw ingredients from sustainable sources?
Do you test on animals or are any of your ingredients or sub-ingredients tested on animals?
No animal testing was used during the formulation of Institut DERMed products.
In what way is your line environmentally conscious/friendly?
We use selected natural, raw ingredients.
What training programs and technical support do you offer?
Institut DERMed offers monthly advanced training for licensed skin care professionals. Topics include: a 5 Day Medical Aesthetic Certification course and a 3 Day Cosmedical Aesthetic Certification course as well as a variety of 1 Day classes. Check the Class Calendar for the most recent class schedules. All classes include a training manual and hands on instruction. Please see detailed information about these courses by going to the training tab.
What is the size of your classes?
Class space is limited to 10 students to provide for individual attention.
Are there any charges/costs for product knowledge training?
We support our products with free product knowledge training once you place an opening order. It will be necessary for you to speak with an education co-ordinator to determine locations and dates of available training.
Who leads the training?
Lyn Ross, Master Esthetician, and other Certified Institut DERMed Trainers.
What training materials do you provide?
Product Knowledge Manual containing product information sheets for both retail and professional products along with step by step instructions for each treatment, online video training, tele-training and live web training.
What are your policies on returned goods due to damage, defect, client allergic reaction, & client satisfaction?
- Damage: Damages must be reported to Institut’ DERMed upon arrival with a complete description of the conditions of the outer packaging and contents. Please reserve all original packaging. Damages must be reported within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- Defect: Defective product reported within 10 business days will be replaced at no charge. Product may not be returned beyond 3 months of purchase date for any reason.
- Client allergy/reaction: Clients need to be educated on product ingredients prior to sale. Product may be exchanged for product credit only. A 25% restocking fee will apply to all authorized returns. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- Client satisfaction: Client satisfaction is important to us. Please return products with a detailed explanation of customers return.
What is the company policy on freight distribution into countries that do not have a local/regional distributor?
The client is responsible for all applicable duties, brokerage cost and General Sales Tax cost on the total order amount.
Is your company able to provide country specific documentation in order to import into the country?
Institut DERMed will work in partnership to provide all necessary information for importing products.